Swift Current Energy, a renewable energy project developer and owner (the “Company”) is seeking a Senior Project Developer to lead development activities across the Company’s pipeline. The Company has primary offices in Boston, Houston and Maine; this role may be based in any of these locations or may work remotely, with regular travel to the Houston office and project sites.
The Senior Project Developer role provides a great opportunity to join a successful, high performing, and rapidly growing renewable energy company. We value and reward initiative and emphasize a strong commitment to our employees and their responsibilities to their families. This position affords an excellent opportunity for professional growth, working alongside industry experts and leaders. Additional information on Swift Current, our projects and our team is available at www.swiftcurrentenergy.com.
You will lead the development process for utility-scale wind and solar projects within North America, working in collaboration with the Company’s Procurement, Execution and Finance teams. You will bring your holistic view of the development process to lead such tasks as those outlined below:
- Manage the project development process from site identification to the “ready to build” stage:
- Lead the site screening, selection and feasibility assessment
- Conduct land, market, regulatory, and other project-related research
- Oversee land acquisition efforts by managing the lease negotiation process with landowners and serving as the primary contact with participating landowners
- Lead the permitting process at the local, state, and federal levels
- Secure any available state or local property tax incentives
- Engage and oversee third party consultants to perform site characterization studies, energy assessments, surveys, and any environmental studies necessary to ensure site-specific compliance with regulatory and financing requirements
- Be the “face of the project” by performing community outreach and other stakeholder management activities
- Enlist the support of internal resources in such areas as GIS, interconnection, and engineering to incorporate known constraints into the site layout and initial design
- Support the Execution and Procurement teams with the preparation of EPC and Supplier RFPs
- Assist in the generator interconnection process to secure interconnection and transmission rights from transmission owners and ISOs
- Participate in the preparation of offtake proposals that are submitted to power purchasers, including utilities, community choice aggregators, and commercial and industrial customers
- Manage on-the-ground subcontractors and consultants
- Own the project development budget
- Support project tracking and reporting to the senior management team and investors
- Provide mentorship and assist with the development to junior colleagues
- Additional duties as required
The expected travel for this position is ~25%, depending on the stage of the projects. Job responsibilities may evolve based on Company needs and individual career growth. This role reports to the Chief Development Officer.
- Minimum of seven (7) years’ experience contributing to and leading project development for utility-scale wind and solar sites in North America
- Minimum of ten (10) years’ professional experience working within the renewable energy or power generation sectors
- Hands-on expertise and knowledge of the broad range of activities and tasks associated with wind- and solar-specific project development
- Demonstrable success advancing multiple wind and/or solar projects from conception through the FNTP-phase of the project lifecycle
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- Current authorization to live and work in the U.S.
- Relationship-oriented; capable of building lasting relationships internally and with external constituencies, including landowners
- Hands-on: comfortable working “in the weeds” as well as at a strategic level
- Conscientious and detail-oriented
- Excellent communication skills in English, both verbal and written, with the ability to articulate complex concepts in a clear manner
- Highly organized with an ability to manage multiple projects at once
- Collaborative, responsive, and a team player
- Comfortable working with a diverse set of stakeholders, from landowners and local officials to financing parties and investors
- Passion and excitement for the renewable energy sector
Please submit your resumé to [email protected] if you are interested in this position.