Swift Current Energy, a renewable energy project developer, owner, and operator (the “Company”), is seeking a Senior Manager to lead and support financial planning & analysis (FP&A) and treasury activities across the Company; exact title will be commensurate with experience. The Company has primary offices in Boston MA; Yarmouth ME; and Houston TX; this role may be based in any of these locations, with a strong preference for the Maine or Boston offices.
The Senior Manager, FP&A and Treasury role provides a great opportunity to join a successful, high performing, and rapidly growing renewable energy company in a broad role with immediate impact. We value and reward initiative and emphasize a strong commitment to our employees and their responsibilities to their families. This position affords an excellent opportunity for professional growth, working alongside industry experts and leaders. Additional information on Swift Current, our projects and our team is available at www.swiftcurrentenergy.com.
The primary responsibilities of the Senior Manager, FP&A and Treasury include the following:
- Manage daily treasury activities across the Company and its projects, including cash management, bank reconciliations, daily wires/ACH payments, cash reporting, and transfers.
- Maintain an adherence to timeliness, accuracy and compliance in all treasury transactions.
- Support the monthly and quarterly close processes as it relates to treasury activities and reporting compliance.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures to strengthen the Company’s treasury operations.
- At the direction of the Finance Manager, support FP&A activities, including budgeting, forecasting, planning, variance analyses, and financial modeling.
- Provide support to the annual budgeting process, collecting inputs from across the organization.
- Contribute to the internal and external reporting processes, including financial and Board reporting.
- Collaborate with the broader Accounting team, including providing regular communication around A/P and cash management.
- Ad hoc tasks as required from time to time.
Job responsibilities may evolve based on Company needs and individual career growth. This role reports to theChief Accounting Officer.
- Minimum of five years’ experience within the treasury function, as well as experience supporting FP&A activities, in a project-driven, multi-entity organization.
- Hands-on experience in cash management and treasury operations is required.
- Industry background in power generation, particularly renewable energy, is desirable but not required.
- Advanced skills across the MS Office suite of tools, particularly Excel, as well as in NetSuite.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business or related field is required.
- Current authorization to live and work in the U.S.
- Highly analytical with strong problem-solving skills
- Capable of thriving in a fast-paced, demanding environment
- Self-motivated with a personal drive to succeed
- Collaborative and capable of working across functions and a geographically dispersed team
- Passion and excitement for the renewable energy sector
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Please submit your resumé to [email protected] if you are interested in this position.