Swift Current Energy, a renewable energy project developer, owner and operator (the “Company”), is seeking a Senior Associate, Project Finance to support strategic decisions across a rapidly growing business; the exact title will be commensurate with the candidate’s skills and experience. This position affords an excellent opportunity for professional growth, working alongside industry experts and leaders, as well as a high performing, collaborative team.
The Company has primary offices in Boston, MA; Yarmouth, ME; and Houston, TX; while this role is based in the Company’s Boston office, exceptional candidates outside of this location may be considered. Additional information on Swift Current, our projects, and our team is available at www.swiftcurrentenergy.com.
As Senior Associate, Project Finance, you will leverage your past experiences in the financial analysis of renewable energy and/or power sector projects to inform strategic decisions in every aspect of our business. Your work will focus on both project-level finance, as well as corporate financial modeling. Specific responsibilities are outlined below:
- Actively participate as experienced member of investment and finance team in due diligence and deal structuring, negotiation, and closing activities in support of the Company’s future growth.
- Lead and support project finance and M&A transactions, including initiating and responding to due diligence activities and interfacing with investors, business parties, and other counterparties
- Oversee and support the work of junior colleagues relating to project-based financial modeling and preparing documentation, reporting, and analysis to assist investment decisions
- Contribute to the ongoing improvement of the Company’s investment strategies across the entire portfolio of projects
- Leverage subject matter expertise to direct and deliver scenario modeling for investment decisions and contract negotiations
- Integrate the results of project models, conduct detailed analyses, prepare reports for Company investors, and prepare board papers that present the case for alternative investment options
- Perform analysis to inform pricing strategies, ensuring that the long-term revenue streams will contribute to target rates of return and integrate needed risk management strategies
- Contribute to the successful advancement of project development efforts by providing insight and guidance to the Development team about which inputs drive their projects’ financial performance
- Oversee and assist in the development of models, tools, processes, and infrastructure that support the organization’s accuracy, efficiency, and scalability
- Participate in project budgeting and corporate reporting activities
- Effectively navigate various functions and a geographically dispersed team to build relationships and advance one’s work
- Represent Swift Current with professionalism to all business partners and counterparties
- Continually refine one’s personal knowledge of the renewables industry and innovation in renewable energy project finance
- Complete other duties as assigned
Job responsibilities may evolve based on Company needs and individual career growth. This role reports to the Chief Investment Officer and works alongside a growing team of finance and M&A specialists.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, Economics, Mathematics or a related field
- 5+ years of professional experience with project finance models in investment banking and/or the renewable energy industry, including modeling tax equity and debt structures
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working in the renewable energy sector (wind, solar, and/or battery storage)
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel (including VBA), Word, and PowerPoint
- Current authorization to live and work in the U.S.
- Self-motivated with a personal drive to succeed and meet time-sensitive deadlines
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to prioritize and deliver top-quality work for oneself and direct/indirect reports
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Collaborative and capable of working across a geographically dispersed team
- Passion and excitement for the renewable energy sector
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Please submit your resumé to [email protected] if you are interested in this position.