Swift Current Energy, a renewable energy project developer and owner (the “Company”) is seeking a Project Engineer reporting to the Executive VP of Solar Engineering & Performance Analytics. The Company has primary offices in Boston and Houston. This position will be located in Houston, TX and requires travel as needed to project sites.
The Company develops, builds, and operates wind, solar, and energy storage projects and has a need for a position to provide the Project Management functions related to supporting project development, pre-construction and execution of construction projects. This is a great opportunity to work with a young, successful, and rapidly growing renewable energy company. The Company values and rewards initiative and stresses a strong commitment to its employees and its employees’ responsibilities to their families. This position affords an excellent opportunity for professional growth.
- Team size is about 50, engineering team will be up to 6 people by Q4
- Location: Houston, Texas
- This position requires travel as needed to project sites
Background of Ideal Candidate:
- Work with Development Engineering and Project Management to evaluate and review EPC’s designs and drawings submittals for compliance with industry standard
- Be able to review 30%/60%/90%/IFP/IFC drawings for Solar, Wind and BESS projects
- Knowledgeable of NEC, NESC, NETA, IEEE and IEC standards
- Work with procurement and pre-construction team to launch RFPs, review bids and be able to review technical submittals and deviations
- Be able to perform periodic site visits to perform and create punch lists for mechanical completion, substantial completion, and COD milestones
- Be able to review Testing & Commissioning procedures and test reports to ensure all tests are done in compliance with standard
- Be able to perform and review plant capacity and availability tests
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
- 2-8 years of relevant experience
- Knowledgeable of technologies used in utility scale solar plants
- Knowledge of and experience with string inverters is a plus
- Having experience with BESS is a plus
Please submit your resumé to email@example.com if you are interested in this position.