Swift Current Energy, a renewable energy project developer, owner, and operator (the “Company”), is seeking an experienced Project and Corporate Finance Counsel to support the company’s debt, tax equity financing and M&A activities for its clean energy projects. The Company has primary offices in Boston MA; Yarmouth ME; and Houston TX; this role is based at our Boston office.
The Project and Corporate Finance Counsel role provides a great opportunity to join a successful, high performing, and rapidly growing renewable energy company. We value and reward initiative and emphasize a strong commitment to our employees and their responsibilities to their families. This position affords an excellent opportunity for professional growth, working alongside industry experts and leaders. Additional information on Swift Current, our projects and our team is available at www.swiftcurrentenergy.com.
Reporting to the EVP, Legal, this role will work broadly across all departments within the Company. The primary responsibilities of the Project and Corporate Finance Counsel include the following:
- Work closely with the Chief Legal Officer, Chief Investment Officer, EVP of Legal & EVP of Project Finance and their teams to structure, negotiate and execute debt and tax equity financing transactions for clean energy projects.
- Negotiate and manage the documentation required for both asset and portfolio acquisitions and dispositions.
- Drive corporate debt, equity and other company financing efforts to successful close.
- Manage outside counsel.
- Advise and collaborate with internal and external teams on due diligence, project development, construction and operational-related issues.
- Advise on other legal matters at the direction of the Chief Legal Officer.
The expected travel for this position is 10%. Job responsibilities may evolve based on Company needs and individual career growth.
- Law degree (J.D.) is required; must be an active member of the Bar, in good standing.
- Minimum of 4-6 years of relevant legal experience from a top-tier law firm, supporting project financings and M&A transactions
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in the energy sector; experience in clean or renewable energy is preferred
- Current authorization to live and work in the U.S.
- High degree of integrity, professionalism and conduct at all times
- Excellent organizational skills, with an ability to multi-task in a dynamic environment
- Ability to set priorities and meet deadlines in a compressed timeframe
- Collaborative and capable of working across a geographically dispersed team
- Passion and excitement for the renewable energy sector
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Please submit your resumé to [email protected] if you are interested in this position.