Swift Current Energy, a renewable energy project developer, owner, and operator (the “Company”), is seeking a Capital Equipment Procurement Manager to support procurement efforts across a portfolio of wind, solar and storage projects. The Company has primary offices in Boston MA; Yarmouth ME; and Houston TX; this role may be based in any of these locations, with a preference for the Houston area.
The Capital Equipment Procurement Manager role provides a great opportunity to join a successful, high performing, and rapidly growing renewable energy company. We value and reward initiative and emphasize a strong commitment to our employees and their responsibilities to their families. This position affords an excellent opportunity for professional growth, working alongside industry experts and leaders. Additional information on Swift Current, our projects and our team is available at www.swiftcurrentenergy.com.
The Capital Equipment Procurement Manager will lead and support competitive bid processes for the selection and procurement of capital equipment, including but not limited to: solar modules, batteries, wind turbines, inverters, trackers, and main step up transformers. Main accountabilities include the following:
- Responsible for evaluating product options and making recommendations for product selections
- Negotiate and manage supply agreements for power generation equipment that provide required flexibility and appropriate technology to meet the needs of utility-scale wind, solar, or battery storage projects
- Develop market intel pricing benchmarks and database to forecast capital equipment pricing
- Implement and develop procurement strategies to secure optimal contractual terms and pricing
- Develop logistics and lead time database to support greenfield development pipeline schedule
- Maintain responsibility for bid levelization and contractual negotiation
- Assist with the development of standardized procurement processes and templates
The duties and responsibilities for this role may evolve over time, depending on Company need and professional career growth. Estimated travel for this role is up to 25%. This role reports to the Senior Director, Procurement.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, or a related field
- 5+ years of relevant experience leading the procurement of capital equipment for renewable energy projects
- Proven experience effectively negotiating contracts for utility-scale projects
- Direct experience working within the renewable energy industry is required
- Strong relationship-building skills, with an established network of relevant suppliers
- Effective negotiation skills
- Passion and excitement for the renewable energy sector
- Motivated by the opportunity to build and create – from the process to the project level
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Please submit your resumé to [email protected] if you are interested in this position.