Swift Current Energy, a renewable energy project developer and owner (the “Company”) is seeking an Associate Project Manager reporting to the Director of Project Management. The Company has primary offices in Boston and Houston.
The Company develops, builds, and operates wind, solar, and energy storage projects and has a need for a position to provide the Project Management functions related to supporting project development, pre-construction and execution of construction projects. This is a great opportunity to work with a young, successful, and rapidly growing renewable energy company. The Company values and rewards initiative and stresses a strong commitment to its employees and its employees’ responsibilities to their families. This position affords an excellent opportunity for professional growth.
The Associate Project Manager works collaboratively with Business Development and Pre-Construction to support construction due diligence, including constructability reviews, risk analyses, developing project schedules, reviewing budgets & capex estimates, and analyses of EPC RFP’s, in support of construction projects. Assist in the development of strategic project objectives and provides direction for projects from late-stage development through the final construction phase. Assist in the execution of construction contracts and is responsible for executing projects on time and within budget. Ensure that safety, quality, cost, environmental, landowner, and legal requirements are properly addressed to support the project execution objectives.
Associate Project Manager will perform the following duties:
- Support the completion of preliminary engineering specifications of construction and supply contracts for assigned projects
- Contribute to the development of detailed project management and construction strategy including implementation plans, budgets, and schedules
- Participate in the review and approval of vendors and suppliers
- Coordinate with Project Controls staff regarding the scheduling and budgeting of the project
- Support Finance teams with due diligence and project economic models
- Track, review, and prepare project budget reports for internal and external stakeholders and assist
finance in CAPEX reforecasts
- Assist with project variance analysis reporting to senior management for key risks, project costs, and schedules
- Assist with integration of development and execution functions for assigned projects
- Maintain current knowledge of the overall project by assisting with the resolution of differences and reviewing plans and procedures to institute changes as needed
- Maintain detailed knowledge and familiarity with contracts and documents in order to ensure that work is executed in accordance with the expectations that have been defined and approved and that the work fulfills contractual requirements
- Develop effective relationships with contractors and suppliers
- Develop effective and supportive relationships with colleagues paying special attention to field team members
- Support the needs of site construction teams
- Promote safety at all job sites and set an exemplary example when visiting sites
- Identify, prepare and support continuous improvement initiatives
- Additional duties as required
Education, Experience, and Skill Set:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or a related field
- 2-5 years in energy project development, an environmental or engineering field, or a directly related field
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office software including MS Project
- Knowledge of construction management and constructing methods for large projects, contract management, procurement, supply chain management, environmental and building permitting, and transportation coordination
- Basic knowledge of applicable industry standards and codes including Uniform Building Code (UBC), International Building Code (IBC), American Concrete Institute (ACI), American Institute of Steel Construction (AISC), Concrete Reinforcing Steel Institute (CRSI), National Fire Protection Association, (NFPA), and American National Standards Institute (ANSI)
- Basic knowledge of land surveying methods and practices, aerial photography and mapping (including UTM and NAD coordinate systems), and geospatial references
- Ability to interpret documents produced in AutoCAD, GIS, and other discipline-relevant software
- Understanding of basic financial principles (IRR, NPV, Depreciation, etc.)
- Understanding of Microsoft products and/or complementing products. (Preferred)
- Competency in Analytical Problem Solving, Strong Communication, Customer/Partner Relationships, and Technology Expertise. (Preferred).
- The role is expected to require 50%+ time traveling, or as needed.
- Ability to speak, read, and write English proficiently and deliver a variety of instructions furnished in writing, verbal, diagram, or schedule form
- Ability to work in adverse weather conditions 25% of the time while on wind and solar sites.
- Ability to understand and communicate safety precautions when necessary
Please submit your resumé to email@example.com if you are interested in this position.